8th Annual BrewersFest
August 26 - August 28, 2016
BrewersFest is about brewing beer, period.
BrewersFest is a unique, one-of-a-kind homebrewing event where beer enthusiasts gather at Cooper's Lake to brew, sample and compete for votes to win an array of valuable prizes including the Taster's Choice Covenant Cup Award.
BrewersFest has grown from 10 brewers to almost 80 in 2015 that shared over 160 unique beers with the community and amongst themselves. BrewersFest is an event where both brewers and "tasters" unite to gain knowledge of, sample and converse about brewing. Patrons can observe and learn about the brewing process while sampling a wide variety of beers from homebrewers at their leisure throughout the day. Patrons are encouraged to vote for their favorite beer.
Patrons can compete in baggo and keg tossing competitions and purchase fresh made food from Pat's Catering. In addition, local breweries and vendors will offer their unique wares and libations during the event. A Chinese auction benefiting the Food & Fellowship for the People of Portersville will be held. Following the brew day all are welcome to camp, enjoy the BIG bon-fire and relax for no additional charge.
Brewers and an apprentice are invited to join the event and camp both Friday and Saturday night with no charge providing they brew on Saturday. Brewers must preregister prior to the event for free entry - no exceptions. Please refer to the Brewer Rules & Regulations below.
Patrons are welcome to enjoy the many homebrew samples from 10-8 and camp on Saturday. Gate fees apply. Friday night camping is available at an additional cost. Patrons must be 21 to receive samples and to cast a vote. Anyone under 21 are welcome to enjoy the event but will not be permitted to sample.
For more information regarding this event including brewery and vendor applications or to donate to the auction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Preregistration available from March 15, 2016 8:00am EDT to August 1, 2016 11:59pm EDT. Please read all rules and additional information before registering.
Brewer Rules & Regulations
- To be considered a "brewer" and compete for prizes brewers must brew a beer on Saturday. In the past, a limited amount of brewers have brought samples to compete and not brewed. This event is "about brewing beer, period" and it is only reasonable that a beer be brewed to compete. Whether a simple extract or an elaborate all grain set-up is used, it is up to the brewer. Meads and/or wines will not be considered and will disqualify brewers.
- Preregistration is required to take advantage of free camping on Friday and Saturday night. Preregistration ends on August 1, 2016 11:59pm EDT, however; brewers and apprentices may still register after that time but will incur gate fees. We understand that there are circumstances in which can't be helped but please understand that for this event to run smoothly we need to have knowledge of how many brewers will be attending for many reasons including providing adequate brewing space and amount of materials to provide.
- Brewers can begin arriving Thursday. Additional camping fees will be charged for the additional night.
- Brewers should have a fire extinguisher in the brewing area. There is one for emergency use in the BrewersFest PA tent as well.
- Water and electric are available at each post at no charge. The water is potable but it does have iron in it. Bottled water and ice can be purchased at the store.
- Spent grains can be disposed of in garbage cans near your brewing site.
- Deep sinks are available for disposing of dirty water and clean-up.
- 20# propane tanks can be exchanged or purchased at the store.
- Brewers may place wort in cooler located at camp store if you plan on staying overnight. Please be sure to clearly label the carboy.
You are not obligated to give samples. If you do then please observe the following:
- Under no circumstance can you give anyone under the age of 21 a sample. If you see an adult giving a sample to a minor then you MUST report it to the campground store.
- Each person getting a sample MUST have a green admission wristband plus a pink "over 21" wristband.
- Samples can only be given in sample glasses provided.
- Brewers can refuse to give anyone a sample at any time for any reason.
- If a person is noticeably intoxicated then DO NOT give them a sample. Please report them to the Camp Store immediately.
Taster's Choice Award
Once again the covenant Taster's Choice glass is up for grabs along with some great prizes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place beers that receive the most votes.
- Brewers are permitted and encouraged to preregister for the competition and acquire
their voting numbers at the BrewersFest PA tent beginning Thursday. Hours for competition
preregistration are as follows:
- Thursday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm and 6:00pm - 8:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
- Attendees sampling will be able to cast one vote for their favorite beer by 6:00pm at designated voting booth.
- Winners will be announced at 7:00pm at the BrewersFest PA pavilion.
Tasters are welcome to enjoy over 150 different homebrews at their leisure throughout the day.
Tasters must be 21 and show proper ID. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Patrons under 21 are welcomed.
Patrons under 18 are free of charge.
Gate Passes may be purchased for $30 online until August 1, 2016 11:59pm EDT or the day of the event for $40. Gate pass includes sampling and Saturday night's camping.